you want to do more with (social) advertising, this trend forecast about social advertising is a good place to start. Do you want to get started with advertising on social media? Then take a look at these recent articles about LinkedIn ads , Pinterest ads (recently possible!), Instagram Shopping and a Dutch benchmark for Facebook ads . In our overview of must-reads about social media you will find more reading tips in the field of social advertising.
Also interesting is the role of native advertising, and why it will (continue to) grow this year . Native ads often bypass ad blockers and can also reduce reader resistance (banner ads, on the other hand, disrupt the reading experience).
One more time:
- The Ultimate SEA Checklist for Google Ads
- How to determine the success of your Google Ads campaign
- The end of the ‘average’ position in Google Ads. What now?
- 13 tips to make your Google Ads campaign convert even better
- 3 unorthodox ways to grow your Google Ads account
- Social advertising trends: shopping ads, influencers, IGTV & AI
- Getting started with LinkedIn Ads? 7 tips from professional idiots
- Advertising on Pinterest: finally in the Netherlands!
- Get more out of Instagram Shopping with measurable links & data
- Facebook campaigns: new Dutch benchmarks
- Why native advertising continues to grow in 2019
Email isn’t dead, it’s alive and kicking ! Is it still a neglected child in your organization? High time to see if you can do more with it. Bart van der Kooi gives 8 useful tips in his article VP Maintenance Email Lists to ensure that your emails are more visible to your recipients. For example, apply profile enrichment, create beautiful e-mail flows, and test (but with a hypothesis)!
It is also interesting to look at the possibilities within Gmail (provided you have recipients there, of course). The new Promotions Tab offers email marketers more visual options, such as an additional image, a countdown and a special discount code.
What about collecting customer data again? And can you always e-mail customers? Lawyer Charlotte Meindersma lists the privacy rules for e-mail for you.
Are you looking for inspiration for writing copy for emails? This Campaign Monitor article shares 5 tips for email copy with you, including: focus on one target audience and write to one goal.
Research & Benchmarks
Curious about the state of email marketing, or looking for a benchmark? Then these articles are of interest to you:
- National E-mail Survey 2018: 72% Dutch people buy after e-mails from webshops
- National Email Benchmark 2019 (DDMA)
- Email Benchmark 2019 (e-Village)
Personalization is kind of a holy grail for marketers. You can’t always get a complete grip on it, but oh, how we want it. How can you apply personalization and why is it an important part of brand communication? Lotte Mol discusses the benefits of personalization with a number of inspiring examples . How far are you within your organization?
Speaking of inspiration: Vincent Alblas shows how Booking.com applies hyper- personalization so that you as a customer are eager to book your next holiday. Also interesting is the discussion that arises under the article: what is and isn’t personalization?
By the way, personalization is also possible in B2B marketing. Ruud Buijserd shares 5 accessible ways to personalize a B2B website . Including: personalization of the headline, customer logos and even blogs.