The user value of the C-end and the B-end is different. The user value of the C-end is often more of a perceptual value, which is difficult to measure. E.g:
- Douyin: Feeling relaxed and happy
- Zhihu: Answering some questions
- JD.com: Shopping becomes convenient and convenient
- Didi: Travel more convenient
Compared with the C-side, the user value of the B-side users is often more rational and measurable. The core concept of B-end products is “cost reduction and efficiency increase”. E.g:
CIchan: Save 35% punch-in costs, increase customer contracts by 40%, and increase corporate marketing by 80%.
- DingTalk: Binding attendance and Poland Phone Number performance to reduce administrative staff statistics
- Financial system: reduce the amount of financial calculation, storage and data storage
- Share sales: help high-tech profitability increase by 30%
The above will be more general. Next, take the marketing consultant in the beauty salon frequented by girls as an example to break down what value the B-side can bring to users (cost reduction and efficiency increase):
- Reduce costs: learning costs, no-show costs, etc.
- Improve efficiency: number of customers, activity, high card consumption, etc.
- Improve efficiency: operational efficiency, reservation efficiency, billing efficiency
- For different businesses and different roles in different scenarios, the effect of cost reduction and efficiency increase is not the same
- Efficiency sorting takes precedence when the above 3 points conflict
In the project process, these data are often used when the project is established and the design goals are established, and the split design ideas are composed.
Business value will bring different business value with different delivery methods. There are four conventional delivery methods: self-research, outsourcing, SaaS, and platform.
The biggest difference between the four major product delivery is the relationship between the product producer and the demander. The following is a comparative description:
①Self-research and outsourcing
Enterprise self-research: The product manufacturer and the product demander belong to the same company. Generally, the company establishes an internal technology company or a technology department to conduct independent research and development to empower its own business.
Project outsourcing: The product manufacturer and the product demander do not belong to the same company.
The product manufacturer provides software to the product demander, and the product demander pays custom fees for outsourcing. The company outsources the R&D work to Party B (some SaaS companies will also take on some customized projects).
Enterprise self-research and outsourcing models have their own advantages and disadvantages:
Advantages and disadvantages of enterprise self-research:
Advantages: data security, high business matching degree
Disadvantages: huge costs, difficult to measure benefits
Common cases: Ali, Byte, Tencent, SF Express, Ping An Technology
The reasons for general enterprises to do self-research are nothing more than two points:
- Data security is far more important than cost
- Small SaaS can’t meet all needs
Pros and cons of outsourcing:
Advantages: save labor costs, suitable for toG state-owned enterprises
- High cost of money, manpower * working hours paid
- The time cost will be relatively high, ranging from three months to one year
Examples: Ali, Tencent, Ping An Technology, Huawei OD, Wuthun
②Platform and SaaS
Their own advantages and disadvantages are also very obvious.
Advantages and disadvantages of SaaS: